Windows 8.1: How to access the list of Internet Explorer 11 add-ons?
Do you want to easily access the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11 on your Windows 8.1 PC? Don’t know how to access the list of add-ons? Don’t worry. Our solution steps given below will help you in accessing the same.
For the starters, add-ons are software used by the Internet Explorer browser to give a new twist to your browsing experience such as while watching videos and playing online games. Some common add-ons that you would like to include in the list of your Internet Explorer 11 add-ons are Adobe Flash, QuickTime, and Silverlight.
Here’s how you get the list of add-ons:
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Click on the ‘Wrench’ icon at the bottom menu and then click ‘View on the desktop’ on the menu.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon at the top right corner of the window and then click ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- Make sure that under the ‘Add-on Types’, ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ option is selected
- From the ‘Show’ drop down menu:
- Click on ‘All add-ons’ to display a complete list of the add-ons.
- Click ‘Currently loaded add-ons’ to display only those add-ons that were needed for the current webpage or a recently viewed webpage.
- Click ‘Run without permission’ to display add-ons that were pre-approved by Microsoft, your computer manufacturer, or a service provider.
- Click ‘Downloaded controls’ to display only 32-bit ActiveX controls.
- Click ‘Close’ when finished.
See, isn’t it easy to access the list of Internet Explorer 11 add-ons on your Windows 8.1 PC? So, now you can get a whole new browsing experience with brilliantly developed add-ons. If you want, you can also take a quick look at our solution video for a better understanding on the above-mentioned steps.