How to add a webpage to Favorites in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC?
There can be several websites that you frequently visit –news and currents affairs, daily horoscope, movie updates, and finance-based websites and so on. What do you do to access it? Do you type the address of the website every time you want to visit it? Well, the easiest way out is to add the website to your Favorites menu and have it at one-click away all the time. For the uninitiated, the favorites menu, just as the name suggests is a menu of web sites that we fondly frequent. On your Internet Explorer 11 web browser, you can easily create a favorite webpage by simply adding it to the menu. If you have never tried this earlier, here is your chance to do it.
On your Windows 8.1 PC, this is what you need to do:Â
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it.
- When the browser opens, type the URL of the website that you want to add as a favorite in the address bar.
- When the website opens, click on ‘Favorites’ icon, and then click the ‘Add to favorites’ icon
- Type a name for the favorite, and click ‘Add’.
- Now you can access the website anytime by going to the favorites menu.Â
By following the above steps you can conveniently add your favorite web pages to the menu and thereby enjoy having them just a click away. Hereafter, anytime you wish to visit the web page, all you will need to do is simply visit the favorites menu and click the web page you want to visit. That’s it!
For a quick recap of the steps, here is a short video that you can check out: