Windows 8.1: How to change the default save location in Internet Explorer 11?
On your Windows 8.1-based PC, are you using the Internet Explorer 11 web browser? Well, if you are finding it difficult to visit the default ‘Save As’ location, every time you have to refer to a downloaded file or document, you can easily change the default location to one of your preference. For the starters, Windows PCs offer a default location in which all your downloaded files are saved, even if this means downloading a file using your Internet Explorer 11 browser. However, to change this default location and set up another one that best suits your choice; you will have to apply a few tweaks. For your benefit, we have compiled the steps that can help you to complete the task.
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Click on the ‘Wrench’ icon at the bottom menu and then click ‘View on the desktop’ on the menu that appears.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon in the upper right corner, and then click on ‘View downloads’.
- On the ‘View Downloads’ window, click the ‘Options’ link on the bottom left corner of the window and then click the ‘Browse’ button on the ‘Download Options’ window.
- Navigate to the location that you want to use as the default save location for downloads, and then click on the ‘Select Folder’ button.
- Click on ‘OK’ and then click on ‘Close’ to close the ‘View Downloads’ window.
Now, every time you will attempt to download a file, it will all be saved in the new location and to change this location, you will have to apply the same steps mentioned above.
To enjoy a quick recall of the steps provided here, here is a short solution video that you can check out…