How to change Internet Explorer 11 privacy settings on a Windows 8.1?
Are you looking for steps to change Internet Explorer 11 privacy settings? Well, look no further than here. You can do that with the help of our quick and easy steps mentioned below. The Internet Explorer comes with built-in menu that allows you to make changes in settings as you may wish. However, you should know how to change the settings and make your data secure on your PC.
To adjust the privacy settings in Internet Explorer 11 of your Windows 8.1 PC, you can follow our quick and easy solution steps mentioned below and make the changes at the comfort of your home, office, or home office. Here are the steps to change the privacy settings.
The solution to the problem
The steps to change Internet Explorer 11 privacy settings on a Windows 8.1 PC are:
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it
- When the browser opens, click on the wrench icon at the bottom, and then click View on the Desktop option from the menu that appears
- Click on the “Gear” icon on the top right corner of the browser window, and then click “Internet Options”
- In the Internet Options window that opens, click the “Privacy” tab.
- You can move the slider to set what types of cookies are blocked or allowed.
- If you want to block the websites from using Microsoft Location Services to find your computer's approximate location, select the “Never allow websites to request your physical location” check box
- To block all websites that you've already allowed to find your approximate location, click “Clear sites”
- If you want to prevent unwanted pop-up windows, deselect the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” check box
- Click “OK” to save the changes
So, the next time you want to make any personal changes in your browser, simply follow our step-by-step solution below and make the changes accordingly.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: