Quick ways to change security settings of IE 11 on a Windows 8.1
If you are worried about the security of your Windows 8.1 based PC while browsing the Internet, you can change the security settings of Internet Explorer 11. The Windows 8.1 operating system provides you the option to set and change security settings and help protect your computer from potentially harmful online content.
There is no particular thing that you can do with the help of security setting, but you can definitely protect your PC from dangerous and malicious content. So, if you don’t know how to change the settings of Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC then our steps below can help you instantly.
The solution to the problem
The steps to change security settings of Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC are:
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it
- When the browser opens, click on the wrench icon at the bottom, and then click View on the Desktop option from the menu that appears
- Click on the “Gear” icon on the top right corner of the browser window, and then click “Internet Options”
- On the Internet Options window that opens, click on the “Security” tab
- In the “Internet” zone, move the slider to the security level that you want for that zone
- You can also set the security levels for “Local Intranet” and “Trusted Sites” zones.
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
Once you change the security settings of Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC, you can you’re your PC protected against online harmful and malicious content.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: