How to Change Login Password of Specific User Account Windows 8.1?
Changing the login password for a user account in Windows 8.1 is a way to keep your PC and data more secure. The more frequent you change your login password, the more secure your PC gets. It is also recommended to create strong password, so that it becomes hard to crack for hackers.
As a new Windows 8.1 user, you might get stuck while changing the login password for your account. To make the changes smoothly, you can take help from the below given steps that will guide you through the process:
- Open the Start screen of your Windows 8.1
- Go to the top right corner of the screen to access the charms menu
- Click on the Settings Charm and then click on the option ‘Change the PC settings’
- Next, under PC settings, click on Accounts
- Now, go to Sign in option under Accounts
- Next, go to the password and click on Change
- Type in your current password in a window and click Next
- Type in your new password, renter the new password and provide the password hint
- Click Next to continue
- Click Finish after the password changes
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the login password for your account. You can also choose new ways provided by the Windows 8.1 to customize your user accounts. Most of your actions can take place in the Start screen. Actions that you can perform on Windows 8.1 are – adding an account, modifying existing accounts, and accessing parental controls.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: