How to change Windows® Update settings in Windows® 8.1By Nidhi ,Monday, September 2nd, 2013
Windows Update in any Operating System is like a tool using which you can enhance the security and performance of your computer. You can make Windows Update to work as per your instructions. All you need to do is, simply change its settings accordingly.
It might sound bit difficult if it is about changing Windows Update settings in Windows 8.1, but a few simple steps can make things easier for you. Here’s how:
- Go to the Start button of your Windows 8.1
- Choose the Control Panel program from the list of programs
- Next, select System and Security option on the control panel page
- Now, click on Windows Update option given in the right portion of your screen
- In the left pane, click on ‘Change Settings’ option
- Now, choose your Windows Update settings from the options given below the title ‘Important Updates’
- Once you are through, click OK to set the changes you made in its settings
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the settings of Windows Update in your Windows 8.1 Operating System.
Windows Update helps in keeping your PC safer and software current in motion by bringing the latest security and feature updates from Microsoft via the Internet. It basically checks online for latest updates, downloads valid updates and also installs them. It can install the updates only if you have allowed it to do so.
Here’s a video that will help you with that!