Check a Website using SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer 11
Do you know SmartScreen or Phishing filter in Internet Explorer protects you from online threats? Do you know you can check a website using SmartScreen filter? Well, a SmartScreen Filter helps you to identify reported phishing and malware sites and analyzes pages to determine if they have anything suspicious.
This feature checks whether the sites you visit are in the list of phishing sites and thus secure you with the help of trouble-free browsing. To check a website using SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC, you can follow our step-by-step solution mentioned below and make the changes as required.Â
The solution to the problem
The steps to check a website using SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC are:
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it
- When the browser opens, click on the wrench icon at the bottom, and then click View on the Desktop option from the menu that appears
- Click on the “Gear” icon on the top right corner of the browser window
- Go to “Safety”, and then click “Check this website”InÂ the “SmartScreen Filter” window, click “OK” and wait for the checkingÂ process to complete.
- ClickÂ “OK” when finished.
Wasn’t that easy? Well, checking a website using SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC is easy, all you need to do is browse through our steps and make the changes accordingly.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: