How to clear the cache in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1?
How to clear the cache in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1Â Internet Cache is nothing else but your web browser’s way of holding web page information in its memory so that it can load up the web page faster in your subsequent visits. This feature is especially handy as it speeds up the process in which a particular site will load, especially the ones that you visit regularly. However, Internet cache consumes memory space of the browser and at times can also lead to conflict. This is especially true when there is a difference in the image and content between the one that is updated on the site and the one that is stored in the cache. Therefore, to rid yourself of the hassles, you can choose to clear the cache in your browser Internet Explorer 11.
If you are using a Windows 8.1 PC, this is what you need to do:
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Move the cursor to the top right corner of the window and it will display the Charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on ‘Options’.
- In the ‘Options’ window, click on the ‘Select’ button under the ‘History’ section.
- In the ‘History’ window, select the checkbox next to ‘Cached Images’, and then click on ‘Delete’ button to complete the process.
To enable your Internet Explorer 11 web browser to load the recent version of a webpage, regularly remember to clear the cache. It has been proven many times that clearing the cache has resolved several browser issues with millions of PC users worldwide. To enjoy a quick recap of the above steps, here is a short solution video that you can check out: