How to copy large files and folders faster in Windows 8.1?
Do you have the task of copying large files on hand? With the traditional way in which you can copy files, the task can appear to go on forever with the existing speed that it offers. However, on your Windows 8.1 PC, you can enhance the speed with which a large file can be copied. To do it, you do not need to be a geek; even if you are a novice user, you can easily complete this task in a jiffy. All you have to do is follow the below mentioned steps to be able to do it.
The easy step solution to the above issue is as:
- Click the down arrow icon at the bottom left of the Start screen to access ‘All Apps’ window.
- In the ‘Windows System’ section, right click on ‘Command Prompt’ and then click ‘Run as Administrator’ on the bottom menu bar.
- In the command prompt window, type ‘xcopy’ space ‘the source of the folder’ you want to copy, space ‘the destination’ where you want to paste it, followed by ‘/O’ space ‘/X’ space ‘/E’ space ‘/H’ space ‘/K’ and press ‘Enter’.
- For instance, the video demonstrates how you would copy the content of the ‘Data’ folder located on the desktop to the ‘Files’ folder right below it.
- Type ‘Exit’ and press ‘Enter’ to close the Command Prompt window.
Wasn’t that simple? Now, keep the steps handy and share them with a friend who may need your help in completing the same task…
Here is a solution video that you can check out to better comprehend the steps given above.