How to delete History in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1?
As you are aware, the history feature in a web browser allows you to view all the previously visited web pages, downloaded items and other media files and keeps them neatly arranged for you, as per date etc. Although this is a very convenient option, if you are sharing your PC, this very option can pose a threat to your privacy too. It can give the other users an insight into the web pages that you had been viewing and also the files etc that you have downloaded – along with its saved location. Therefore, to avoid all such inconveniences, you can opt to regularly delete the history in your Internet Explorer 11 web browser and thereby keep all your online activities strictly private.
The easy step solution to the issue on your Windows 8.2 PC is as:
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Move the cursor to top right corner of the window and it will display the charms menu
- Click on ‘Settings’ charm and then click on ‘Options’
- In the ‘Options’ window, scroll down to ‘History’ section, and then click the ‘Select’ button
- In the ‘History’ window, select the checkboxes next to ‘Browsing History’ and ‘Download History’, and then click on ‘Delete’ button to delete history.Â
Do remember to regularly delete the history in Internet Explorer 11 so that you keep freeing up the memory of the browser by removing all redundant data.
To better remember the steps, here is a short video that you can watch to enjoy a visual representation of the same.