Windows 8.1: How to delete temporary Internet files in Internet Explorer11?
Temporary Internet Files are copies of web content that you have visited recently. They are stored on your computer’s hard drive with large amounts of unwanted data. If you wish you can delete these files and free the hard disk space. Here’s how it’s done.
- On the ‘Start’ screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it.
- When the browser opens, click on the Wrench icon at the bottom, and then click ‘View on the Desktop’.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ tab, and then click on the ‘Delete Browsing History’ option from the menu.
- In the ‘Delete Browsing History’ dialog box, select the ‘Temporary Internet files and website files’ check box, click ‘Delete’, and then click ‘OK’.
- You will see that Internet Explorer has finished deleting the temporary Internet files.
Once you have deleted all your Internet files including websites you have visited and cookies, the space of your hard disk will increase and will also help in resolving your browser problems. It will also provide you with additional privacy. However, you might face inconvenience by deleting information that you need frequently on the Internet to access websites.
You can also browse through our solution video to know about the steps in a better manner. To watch the video now, click below: