How to Get Rid of Separate User Account in Windows 8.1
If you have to share your Windows 8.1 Pro Preview PC with other members of your team at your workplace or other family members, it makes perfect sense to create separate user accounts so that each of you have your own individual space with your preferred settings and policies in place and also your own applications that you frequently use. This can help privacy breaches and give you flexibility and freedom too. Â However, there may come a time when you may look for easy solutions to delete a user account that you had previously created – maybe because you are no longer sharing your PC with the particular person or may be that family member has got himself a new Windows 8.1 PC. In either case, deleting the user account will be the most practical thing to do.
So, how do you do it? Follow the step-wise description given below and complete the task…
- Â Hover your mouse over the extreme left corner at the bottom of your Start screen
- Right click on it and select the Control Panel
- On the window that will now be shown, scroll to the User Account and Family Safety option and select it
- Click on the User Accounts option
- Scroll down to the Manage Another Account option and select the particular account that you want to delete
- In the new window, confirm the task by selecting the Delete option
- You can also delete the files associated with the particular account by selecting the appropriate option in the window that will now display
Simple and pretty effective, isn’t it? By deleting the account and the relevant files you can free up valuable system space and also let your installed applications perform better. For keepsake, you can save the files of the deleted user account before you start the process.
Here is a video that will help you to delete User Account in your windows 8.1 PC: