Windows 8.1: How to disable add-ons in Internet Explorer 11?
Do you know why add-ons are provided with your Internet Explorer 11 browser? Add-ons are provided to enhance your browsing experience. You just need to enable add-ons that you find helpful.
There are times when you may enable lot many add-ons thinking that they will benefit you in some or the other way. However, enabling several add-ons may trigger start up issues in the browser and make it to perform sluggishly. In such cases, you should disable the add-ons that are not required by you.
By disabling the add-ons, you will actually relieve your browser from carrying extra load. Here are the solution steps to the problem:
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Click on the ‘Wrench’ icon at the bottom menu, and then click ‘View on the desktop’ on the menu.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon on the top right corner of the window, and then select ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- In the 'Manage Add-ons' window, under ‘Show’ drop down menu, make sure the ‘Currently loaded add-ons’ option is selected.
- Select the add-on you want to disable from the list, and then click on the 'Disable' button.
- On the confirmation window, click the ‘Disable’ button, and then close the ‘Manage Add-ons’ window to disable the add-on.
Once you have successfully disabled the unwanted add-ons in your Internet Explorer 11 browser on Windows 8.1 PC, the speed of your browser will be retrieved. You can also go through our solution video to enjoy a quick recap of the above-mentioned steps.