How to enable Hyper V client in Windows 8.1?
On your Windows 8.1 PC, you do not need to install any other virtual machine; your PC is already incorporated with Hyper V client – Microsoft’s very own virtual machine. However, to be able to use it, you will have to enable it first. Don’t worry, it isn’t a tough task. By following the simple steps mentioned below, you can easily enable this feature and thereby start working on your virtual machine. The highest benefit of using a virtual machine is that it allows you to enjoy the advantage of wireless local area networking and offers you a secured network to take care of your online activities.
- Move the cursor to the bottom left of the Start screen, and then right click there.
- Click ‘Control Panel’ on the menu that appears.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window, click ‘Programs’ and then click ‘Programs and Features’.
- Click ‘Turn Windows Features on or off’ on the left pane.
- On the ‘Windows Features’ window, select the checkbox next to ‘Hyper-V’ and then click ‘OK’.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then click ‘Close’.
- Close the ‘Programs and Features’ window and go to the Start screen.
- The ‘Hyper-V’ client is now enabled on your computer.
Did you see how simple it was? Now you can very well continue your tasks and save the costs of long distance (dial up) network connections and supporting remote access servers as well.
For now, here is a short solution video that you can check out to better comprehend the steps provided above and also to enjoy a quick recap of the same.