Windows 8.1: How to export bookmarks in Internet Explorer 11?By Bidisha ,Friday, February 7th, 2014
Do you switch frequently from one browser to another browser? Are you unable to use your bookmarks while switching the browsers? Do you know that your bookmarks will not be exported automatically when you are switching from one browser to another; rather you will have to export them to make them functional.
You can export and import bookmarks very conveniently in browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. So, if you are switching between any of these browsers, you can easily export bookmarks.
Here are the steps to export bookmarks in the Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 PC:
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Click on the ‘Wrench’ icon at the bottom menu, and then click ‘View on the desktop’ on the menu.
- Click on the ‘Favorites’ icon on the top right corner of the window.
- Open the drop down list, and then click ‘Import and Export’.
- On the ‘Import/Export Settings’ window, select ‘Export to a file’ radio button, and then click ‘Next’.
- Select the checkbox next to ‘Favorites’ and click ‘Next’.
- Select the folder that you want to export your favorites from, and then click ‘Next’.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button and browse the location where you want to export your favorites.
- Type the file name, and then click on ‘Save’.
- Click on ‘Export’, and then click ‘Finish’ to successfully export your favorites.
This is how you can export bookmarks in the Internet Explorer 11 on your Windows 8.1 PC. Aren’t these steps easy to apply on your PC? You can also play our solution video for a quick recall of the above-mentioned steps.