Windows 8.1: How to export the Favorites folder in IE 11?
There are websites that you visit frequently, don’t you? Well, you can ease your access to these websites by storing them as Favorites in the Internet Explorer 11 web browser on your Windows 8.1 PC.
However, there are times when you may switch from one computer to another computer due to which it may become difficult for you to view your favorites’ folder that was stored on your previous computer. With Internet Explorer 11, you can easily export your favorites from your older PC to the newer one and easily continue enjoying your favorite websites.
Here’s how you can export your favorites:
- On the ‘Start’ screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it.
- When the browser opens, click on the Wrench icon at the bottom, and then click ‘View on the Desktop’.
- Click ‘File’ on the Menu Bar.
- Click ‘Import and Export’ from the menu.
- Select ‘Export to a file’, and then click ‘Next’.
- Now click to select the ‘Favorites’ check box, and then click ‘Next’.
- Select the Favorites folder that you want to export. If you want to export all favorites, select the top level in the Favorites folder.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Now click on ‘Browse’ to choose the location where you want to export the favorite’s folder. Give a name to the file, and then click on ‘Save’.
- Click ‘Export’ and then click ‘Finish’.
Did you apply these steps? Were they helpful in making your job easier? You can also watch our solution video that we have provided below as a quick recap of the above steps.