Quick steps to find text on a webpage in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC
Do you know that you can easily look up a text on a webpage in Internet Explorer 11? Well, finding information on a webpage is easy and it requires just few changes to find text and later use them for printing or other similar things.
On a webpage where there are number of things available on a single page, finding some particular text becomes little difficult; however with this technology you can find any particular information and use it accordingly. Here’s how it’s done.
The solution to the problem
The steps to find text on a webpage in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC are:
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it
- When the browser opens, click on the wrench icon at the bottom, and then click View on the Desktop
- Click on the “Gear” icon on the top right corner of the browser window
- Go to “File”, and then click “Find on this page”
- In the “Find” search box, type the word or phrase you are looking for on this page
- The number of matches found will appear next to the “Options” button, and the page will automatically scroll to the first occurrence of the word or phrase
- To go to the next or previous instance of the word or phrase, click the “Next” or “Previous” button
Once you find text on a webpage in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC, you can take print outs of that particular text or highlight it for future use.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: