Windows 8.1: How to fix issues caused by an older version of Yahoo! Toolbar in Internet Explorer 11?
Is the Yahoo! Toolbar causing your Internet Explorer 11 to crash frequently? Such issues can arise at a time when you are using an older version of Yahoo! Toolbar. However, with some quick solution steps, you can easily remove the issue from your Windows 8.1 PC.
To resolve this issue, as recommended by Yahoo! and Microsoft, you should first uninstall and then reinstall the older version of the Yahoo! Toolbar. You can do these changes by going to the ‘Control Panel’ and then uninstalling the program from there. However, before you begin with the resolution process, don’t forget to create a ‘System Restore Point’ that will help you in keeping your data safe in case of an eventuality.
Here’s the step-by-step process to resolve the above issue:
- First of all create a system restore point before starting the process. To do so:
- On the Start screen, start typing ‘System Restore Point’.
- From the search results, click on ‘Create a restore point’.
- On the ‘System Properties’ window, click ‘Create’ under the ‘System Protection’ tab.
- Type the name for the restore point and then click ‘Create’.
- Wait for the process to complete and then click ‘Close’.
- Click ‘OK’ to close the ‘System Properties’ window.
- Now you can fix the problem with Internet Explorer 11 caused by the older version of Yahoo! Toolbar on your Windows 8.1 PC. To do so:
- Move the cursor to the bottom left of the Start screen, and then right click there.
- Click on ‘Control Panel’ on the menu.
- On the ‘Control Panel’ window, click on ‘Programs’, and then click ‘Programs and Features’.
- On the programs list, select ‘Yahoo! Toolbar’, and then click ‘Uninstall’ from the options above.
- On the confirmation window, click ‘Yes’ to confirm and wait for the completion of the process.
- Click ‘Close’ and then close the ‘Program and Features’ window.
- Open Internet Explorer to verify that the issue has been resolved.
So, you have finally resolved the issue on your own. Aren’t the steps mentioned above easy to understand and apply on your Windows 8.1 PC? If you find any need to get a quick recap of the above-mentioned steps, you can play our solution video which is posted below.