Windows 8.1: How to change HomeGroup password?
Do you really want to change the HomeGroup password in your Windows 8.1? Are you finding the process complicated to apply yourself? No problem; our simple step-by-step solution will guide you through the process.
HomeGroup is nothing but a group of computers on your home network. It lets you share everything from printers, files, documents, pictures, videos to music with other people in the same network or group.
The best part about HomeGroup is that people from the same group can view your files or documents but cannot make any changes to them unless you have permitted them to do so. You can keep your HomeGroup secure by locking it with a password. However, at any point in time if you feel that the password has been hacked or you simply want to change it, you can easily do it.
The following steps will help you in changing the password of your HomeGroup in Windows 8.1:
- Move your mouse cursor to the bottom left of the ‘Start’ screen, and then right click on it.
- Click ‘Control Panel’ on the menu.
- On the ‘Control Panel’ window, type ‘HomeGroup’ in the search bar and select ‘HomeGroup’ from the result.
- Under ‘Other HomeGroup Actions’ section, click on ‘Change the Password’ option.
- On the new window, click ‘Change the Password’ option and type a new password for your HomeGroup.
- Click ‘Next’ and wait for the process to configure it.
- After successful completion of the process, click ‘Finish’ and then close the HomeGroup window.
This is how you can change your HomeGroup Password on your Windows 8.1-based PC. Isn’t the process simple and easy to follow? Apply these steps now on your PC and see how easy it is to change the password. You can also have a look at our solution video which is posted below. The video will enable you a better recap of the steps.