Windows 8.1: How to Remove Password from a Local User Account?
So, you don’t want to keep the password for your Local User Account on Windows 8.1 PC? Do you know the consequences of removing password for Local User Account? Â First let’s tell you about the risks of keeping your account without a password.
Firstly, without a password, your account is very susceptible to unauthorized access. Secondly, your files and documents can also be damaged or easily stolen from your PC¸ as they are without a security cover. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you secure the user account with a strong password and guard it at all times. Nonetheless, there can be times when you may wish to remove the password for the same such as when you may no longer wish to keep the account or due to some other reason.
Microsoft provides its users with the option to apply features as per their choices, so you can easily remove the password as well. Here are the steps to do so:
- Move the mouse cursor to top right corner of the ‘Start’ screen and it will display the ‘Charms’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Click ‘Accounts’ in the left pane and then click on the ‘Sign in options’. Now click the ‘Change’ button under Password.
- Type your current password in the given box and then click ‘Next’.
- In the ‘Change your password’ window, leave the fields blank and click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the process and then close the window.
- The next time you try to access your user account, you won’t need to enter the password anymore.
This is how you can remove password from your Local User Account in Windows 8.1. You can further simplify the process for yourself by going through our solution video. To watch the video now, click the below given play option.