Windows 8.1 Pro Preview: How to Run Disk Cleanup?
Do you want to clean up the disk space of your Windows 8.1 PC to make your computer run faster? Don’t know the procedure to do the same? Don’t worry. We have made the procedure simpler for you through our easy solution steps that are given below.
The above mentioned task can be taken care of very quickly and conveniently by simply running the Disk Cleanup option on your PC. It will delete all unnecessary files from your hard disk. The tool works smartly and removes all temporary files and many other system files that are redundant for you and only eating up precious disk space.
Here are the steps to make the procedure of running Disk Cleanup on your PC simpler:
- First of all create a system restore point before starting the process. To do so:
- On the Start screen, start typing ‘System Restore Point’ and then click on the ‘Settings’ section.
- From the search results, click on ‘Create a restore point’.
- On the ‘System Properties’ window, click ‘Create’ under ‘System Protection’ tab.
- Type the name for the restore point and then click ‘Create’.
- Wait for the process to complete and then click ‘Close’.
- Click ‘OK’ to close the ‘System Properties’ window.
- Now you can run Disk Cleanup. To do so:
- Move the mouse cursor at the bottom left of Start screen, and then right click there.
- Click ‘File Explorer’ from the menu.
- In the window, right click on the ‘Hard Drive’ you want to clean up under Devices and Drives, and then click on ‘Properties’ from the menu.
- The hard disk window will appear. Now click on the ‘Disk Cleanup’ tab. The Disk cleanup process will start to calculate the space that needs to be free.
- Once it displays the required space that needs to be free in the chosen drive, you can check the files that need to be removed as per your requirements.
- Then click ‘OK’.
- When asked ‘Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?’, click on the ‘Delete Files’ button. The cleanup process will start.
- When the Disk Cleanup process finishes, click ‘OK’ and close the window.
This is how you can make your PC run faster in three-four clicks. We hope the above-mentioned steps were quite helpful in getting the disk space of your PC cleaned up. Â You can also check out our solution video which is posted below for a better understanding of the process.