How to switch Mouse buttons in Windows 8.1?
The mouse on your Windows 8.1-based PC can be easily customized as per your preference. This means that the primary and the secondary buttons can be interchanged to better suit your purpose. For example, if you are a left-handed user and the mouse offers you the default right-hand user settings; to make it suit your purpose, you can modify the settings. Don’t worry if you have never tried this change. By referring to the steps provided below, you can interchange the buttons in just a jiffy.
On your Windows 8.1 PC, this is what you need to do:
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen and it will display the Charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’.
- On the left pane, click ‘PC & Devices’ and then click ‘Mouse and Touchpad’.
- In the ‘Mouse’ section, expand the ‘Select your primary button’ dropdown and select ‘Left’ or ‘Right’ option which is not selected by default.
- The moment you select the desired option, the mouse will be switched.
- Right-click will now function as left-click, and vice versa.Â So, to exit this window and click on any app tile, you will actually need to use Right-Click.Â
Did you notice how easy it was to complete the task? Now, keep the steps handy to refer to them anytime later when you may need to roll back the settings. For now, here is a short solution video that you can check out to better comprehend the steps and to enjoy a quick recap of the same.
To watch it now, click on the video window below:Â