How to turn Windows Features on and off in Windows 8.1 Pro Preview?
Windows 8.1 Pro Preview is set with a host of features that allow you the flexibility to better take care of your tasks. Although many of these features are turned on by default and after you have successfully installed the OS, you can make use of them. However, with use, you may feel the need to turn on some more of the features or turn off some of the default ones as per your need and convenience. If you too are looking for the simple steps to do it, here is how you can action this task.
- Â Â Scroll to the bottom left corner of the Start screen and right click on it
- Access the Control Panel option and go to the Programs option
- Click on the Programs and Features option out of the two that will be displayed
- Go to the left pane and select the “Turn Windows Feature On or Off” option
- In the Windows Feature list that will now be displayed, browse through and select or de-select the particular options to turn then on or off respectively
- Once you will click on the OK option, the changes will start to apply
This may take a few minutes depending on the volume of changes that you have opted for
- Click on the “Close” button to complete the task
You can adjust the security settings, the installed browser settings, and also applications that have been installed on your PC by enabling or disabling the particular features. If this change is project-specific, you can access the very options, as mentioned above, to return to the previous settings, once the project is over. Windows 8.1 allows you to continue enjoying your flexibility with the OS, so why shouldn’t you customize it the way you want to?
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: