Windows 8.1: How to import bookmarks to Internet Explorer 11?
Not able to import bookmarks to the Internet Explorer 11 on your Windows 8.1 PC? Do you want an easy solution for the same? No problem. Our solution steps will help you perform the import process for your bookmarks.
Bookmarks are simple links to websites that you may use to access your favorite websites at any point in time. Since, bookmarks do not import automatically when you switch from one browser to another, you will have to import them manually by simply following our solution steps.
The process of importing bookmarks to the Internet Explorer 11 is easy. A few simple steps and you will be able to do so in minutes:
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Click on the ‘Wrench’ icon at the bottom menu, and then click ‘View on the desktop’ on the menu.
- Click on the ‘Favorites’ icon on the top right corner of the window.
- Open the drop down list, and then click ‘Import and Export’.
- On the ‘Import/Export Settings’ window, select ‘Import from a file' radio button and click 'Next'.
- Select the checkbox next to 'Favorites' and click 'Next'.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button, browse the location where you have saved your bookmark HTML file, and then select it.
- Click ‘Open’, and then click ‘Next’.
- Select a destination folder for your favorites, and then click 'Import'.
- Click on 'Finish' to successfully import your favorites.
See, how easy it is to import your bookmarks to Internet Explorer 11 on your Windows 8.1 PC. Still, if you need better understanding on the above mentioned steps, you can check out our solution video which is posted below.