How to manage Pop-up Blocker settings in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC?
If you are using the Internet Explorer 11 web browser on your Windows 8.1 PC, you will find it interesting to know that there are several ways in which you can manage the pop-up blocker settings available in the same. If you are yet to get started, here are some of the easiest ones mentioned below for you.
On your Windows 8.1 based PC, if you are working on an important task, you will find it annoying to have pop-ups disturbing you every now and then. At times such as these, you can opt to block the pop-ups from appearing on your screen. At the same time if you find it easier to reach relevant products and services via pop-ups, you may want to allow the blocked pop-ups to also run. So, you will find the below mentioned steps handy and useful in such a case. In either case, you will require knowing the steps that could help you to manage pop-up blocker settings in your Internet Explorer browser on your Windows 8.1 PC:
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it.
- When the browser window opens, click on the Wrench icon at the bottom, and then click ‘View on the Desktop’ option from the menu that appears.
To access the Pop-up Blocker settings:
- Click the Gear icon on the top right corner of the window and then click on Internet Options.
- Now, go to the ‘Privacy’ tab, and then click on the ‘Settings’ button under ‘Pop-up Blocker’.
- In Pop-up Blocker Settings window that appears, type the address of the website from which you want to allow pop-ups, and then click on ‘Add’.
- Now close the window.
To turn off Pop-up Blocker:
- Under ‘Pop-up Blocker’, clear the ‘Turn on Pop-up Blocker’ check box, and then click ‘OK’.
Will it not help you that now you know the easy steps that you can take to manage the pop-up blocker settings in your Internet Explorer 11 browser? Here is a Windows 8.1 video that you can watch to better comprehend the solution steps mentioned above.