Manually select a 'Download' save location in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC?
By default, all your downloaded items – documents, media files, web pages etc. are saved in the Downloads folder. However, on your Windows 8.1 PC, if you are using the Internet Explorer 11 web browser, you can easily change this default location to a location of your choice. By doing this you can organize the downloaded items for a particular project in one place and thereby save time in manually doing it. To do this task you don’t need to be an advanced PC user. By following the steps mentioned below, you can conveniently complete the task.
The easy step solution to the above issue is as:
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Click on the ‘Wrench’ icon at the bottom menu, and then click ‘View on the desktop’ on the menu that appears.
- Go to the webpage from where you want to download the file.
- When you click on the file's download link or button, click on the drop down arrow next to the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the window.
- Click on ‘Save As’, then navigate to the location where you want to save the file, and click ‘Save’.
- Now your file will be downloaded at the new location you just selected manually.
Wasn’t the process simple? Now all your downloaded files will continue getting saved in this new location till you modify the settings and select another location.
For a quick recap of the above steps, here is a short solution video that you can check out. To watch it now, click below: