How to bring numeric key pad in On-Screen Keyboard?
Are you a number cruncher and therefore, you often miss the numeric keypad on the on-screen keyboard of your Windows 8.1 based PC. Don’t worry, we’ll tell you how to get the Numeric Keypad in the on-screen keyboard. Just follow the below given steps.
By default, the on-screen keyboard of Windows 8.1 does not show a numeric keypad. It only provides the basic typing keys and four Arrow keys. If you have to play with numbers, then on-screen keyboard without the numeric keypad can be annoying.
Nonetheless, you can enable the numeric keypad on your Windows 8.1 PC to make entering the numbers an easy task. This feature can be enabled or disabled as per your requirement. Follow these steps to enable the numeric keypad on your computer screen:
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the ‘Start’ screen to access the Charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm, and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Click ‘Ease of Access’ in the left pane, and then click ‘Keyboard’.
- On the right pane, move the slider to right under On-Screen Keyboard to turn it on.
- On the ‘On-Screen Keyboard’ window, click the ‘Options’ button.
- On the ‘Options’ window, select the checkbox next to ‘Turn on numeric key pad’, and then click ‘OK’.
- Close the ‘Ease of Access’ window.
So, finally you got your numeric keypad on the screen of your Windows 8.1 PC. Weren’t the steps short and simple to apply on your PC? If you need a better understanding on the above-mentioned steps, you can play our solution video which is posted below.