Tips to open Device Manager in Windows 8.1
The Device Manager is actually a Control Panel application which can be found in the Microsoft Windows based operating systems. The Device Manager allows you to control and view the hardware that is attached to the computer.
The Device Manager in Windows 8 and 8.1 can be opened by using several methods but the easiest method is to open the application through Control Panel. The Device Manager in the Control Panel of Windows 8 and 8.1 can be used for managing drivers, or view system resources and also to configure the hardware in your computer.
But, if you are using a mouse or a keyboard with Windows 8 and 8.1, then there’s a much easier way to open the Device Manager! Use the shortcut that is located on the Power User Menu by pressing the Windows and X keys together. Simple, isn’t it?
Here’s how you can open the Device Manager in the Windows 8 and 8.1 based operating systems, in case you aren’t using a mouse or keyboard...
- Swipe on the Start screen to bring in the Apps screen. Click on the circled arrow icon with the mouse or the stylus, which ever you are using with the Windows 8 and 8.1 device.
- When in the Apps screen, swipe or scroll on the right till the Windows System heading is seen.
- Now, under Windows System, click on the Control Panel. Windows 8 and 8.1 will automatically open the Control Panel by bringing up the Desktop.
- Now, click on the link that says Hardware and Sound.
- When inside the Hardware and Sound Window, click on the Device Manager that is under Devices and Printers heading.
- Now, you can access the Device Manager to update any driver, manage the hardware in your Windows 8 and 8.1 based computer.
Now wasn’t that simple? For more such handy tricks on using your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, watch this space.