How to open My Computer in Windows 8.1 Pro Preview?
If you have used any of the previous versions of Windows-based PC, you will agree when we say that the Interface, available with the earlier Windows editions, was pretty easier as you could find all the menus and applications either by accessing the Start menu or by looking for it on the Desktop screen. This facility isn’t available with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and therefore you may find looking for the particular options, a time consuming task. However, it is not so. By learning where you can appropriately look for, to find the right options, working on Windows 8.1 will no longer seem like a daunting task for you. Here is one such tip! Don’t look for the My Computer option in Windows 8.1. This is simply because it isn’t available here. Microsoft has renamed this folder in this edition as “This PC”. So, now you know what you should look for and where…
If you are looking for the easiest way to open the “My Computer” option on your Windows 8.1 Preview version, this is what you can do…
- Roll up the Start screen to access the Down arrow icon, located on the bottom of the screen (left corner)
- This will display the list of the available Windows 8.1 apps
- When you will pan to the right, you will have the ‘Windows Systems’ section now open up for you
- Click on the “This PC” option and it will open the folder that was traditionally known as My Computer
- Once it has opened, you can carry on with your task
Simple and easy to use, it is just a matter of time and regular use that you can master the interface of a Windows 8.1 PC and thereby best use it as per your convenience.
Here’s a video that will show you easy stepsÂ to open My Computer:
Call toll free 1 877 659 3003