Prevent programs from changing the Default Search Provider in IE 11
Does it frustrate you when you don’t find your default search provider anymore in your Internet Explorer 11 web browser? Sure it will be annoying as setting changes without permission can mean so much loss – convenience, productivity, and so on.
Typically, most sudden changes in the browser are caused due to newly installed programs. However, you can prevent these programs from changing the Default Search Provider in your Internet Explorer by following the below given solution steps.
Here is what you need to do on your web browser…
- On the ‘Start’ screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it.
- When the browser opens, click on the Wrench icon at the bottom, and then click ‘View on the Desktop’.
- Click on the ’Gear’ icon on the top right corner of the browser window, and then click ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- In the ‘Manage Add-ons’ window, under ‘Add-on types’, click ‘Search Providers’.
- At the bottom of the screen, select the ‘Prevent programs from suggesting changes to my default search provider’ check box, and then click ‘Close’.
So, in this way you can easily prevent the programs from changing your default search provider on Internet Explorer 11. Wasn’t it easy to do so? If you find it difficult to understand the above-mentioned steps, you can watch the below given solution video. It will help you in understanding the steps in a better manner.