Use checkboxes to select items in Windows Explorer in Windows 8.1
The Windows 8.1 PC allows you several ways in which you can customize the settings so that you can best explore them. Here is one that we are explaining to you in the form of the step-wise description given below. For the starters, to be able to open up different files and folders to copy paste them or to move them to a different location, you will have to do one thing at a time. However, by applying the below mentioned steps you can easily by-pass all the steps and complete your task in just one step. The steps below will show you how you can use the checkboxes to select multiple items in the Windows Explorer feature on your Windows 8.1 PC.
The easy step solution to the above issue is as:
- Click the down arrow icon at the bottom left of the Start screen to access ‘All Apps’ window.
- Under Windows System, click ‘This PC’.
On the ‘This PC’ window, usually people press the ‘Control’ or ‘Shift’ key to select multiple items; but in Windows 8.1 you can enable checkboxes to select items in Windows Explorer. To do so:
- Click on the ‘View’ tab and then select ‘Options’.
- On the ‘Folder Options’ window, click on the ‘View’ tab and in the ‘Advanced Settings’ section, select ‘Use check boxes to select items’ check box.
- Click ‘OK’ and now you can select multiple items by clicking the checkbox next to each item without pressing the ‘Control’ or ‘Shift’ key.
Simple, isn’t it? Before you start the process, make a list of all the items that you need to move or copy and paste elsewhere. This will speed up your task and let you complete it in no time… For a quick recap of the above mentioned steps, here is a short video that you can watch…