How to set the thickness of the blinking cursor?
Windows 8.1 is full of accessibility features and programs that further make it easier to view and hear notifications and use the operating system to the best of your ability. Increasing the thickness of the blinking cursor is one such accessibility option that can make it easier to view the cursor on your document.
The blinking cursor can be either thin or small in size and therefore make it difficult for you to locate it on your document. The level of difficulty can also go up if the resolution of your computer screen is set very high. However, with some configurations, you can increase the thickness of the blinking cursor to a size that is comfortable to your eyes.
Here are the steps that you can follow to increase the thickness of your blinking cursor:
- If you are not able to see the blinking cursor amongst all the text in a document, then move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen to access the Charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm, and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Click the ‘Ease of Access’ in the left pane, and then click ‘Other Options’.
- On the right pane, under ‘Cursor Thickness’ option, move the slider to set the thickness of the blinking cursor as per your preference.
- Close the ‘Ease of Access’ window and go back to the document.
So, now are you able to see the cursor easily without putting any strain on your eyes. Isn’t it great that you can set the thickness of your blinking cursor as per your convenience? At the same time, we also provide you with a solution video, so that it becomes easier for you to understand the above given steps.