Simple Steps to add password to a Local User Account on your Windows 8.1 PC.
Have you created a new Local User Account on your Windows 8.1 PC? Do you want to keep it secure from unauthorized access, but are you unable to do so? No problem. We will guide you through the process and the solution steps.
It is quite obvious that adding additional security to your Local User Account will keep your account safe from unauthorized access. So, why not add a password to the account to keep it safe? Adding a password will not only stop unauthorized users from accessing your account, but will also help in keeping the files and documents of your account safe. Â Use a strong password and see to it that you change it regularly so that it remains undetectable.
Here are the steps to add a password to your Local User Account on Windows 8.1 PC:
- Move the mouse cursor to top right corner of the ‘Start’ screen and it will display the ‘Charms’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Click ‘Accounts’ in the left pane and then click on the ‘Sign in options’. Now click the ‘ADD’ button under Password.
- In the ‘Create a Password’ window, type your new password in the given box and then retype to confirm the same. Then type the password hint and click on ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the process and then close the window.
- The next time you try to access your user account, you will need to enter the password.
Did you use the steps to add a password to your account on Windows 8.1 PC right away? You have made your account safer from unauthorized access and accidental manipulation of important files. For a quick recap of the above-mentioned steps, you can check out our solution video which is posted below.