Windows 8.1: Steps to delete App HistoryBy Nidhi ,Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Tags: Windows 8.1
We all know that our browsers save the history of websites that we visit, along with all other online activities we performed. Similarly, Windows 8.1 also saves the history of every application that you opened on your device and stores it for future reference.
If the saved history becomes large over time, it may start affecting the speed of your computer. Increased history of an app will surely affect the performance of your PC and thereby reduce your productivity as well. However, if you delete the App history, you will be able to boost the overall performance of your PC.
The below given steps will help you in deleting the app history on your Windows 8.1-based PC. Here are the solution steps:
- When you move the mouse pointer to the top left corner of the ‘Start’ screen and slide it down, you see thumbnails of all the apps you have opened.
- To clear the app history, move the mouse pointer to the top right corner of the ‘Start’ screen to access the Charms bar.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm, and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Click ‘Search & Apps’ in the left pane, and then on the right pane, click the ‘Clear’ button under the ‘Clear Search History’ option.
- On the confirmation window, click on ‘Clear’.
- Once done, go back to the ‘Start’ screen and move the mouse pointer to the top left corner of the screen and slide it down. You will notice that the previously opened apps are now gone.
So, finally you deleted the app history on your Windows 8.1 based PC. Is your PC running faster now? You can also refer to our solution video for a quick recap of the above-mentioned steps. To watch it now, click below: