How to Use Sticky Notes in Windows 8.1
Sticky Notes is an application that had originated in Windows XP Tablet Edition and was used as a gadget in the Windows Sidebar of Windows Vista. This application has now been included in Windows 7 and Windows 8 which allows you to create and take notes on your computer. Sticky Notes also supports pen and touch input.
Sticky Notes can be considered as the digital version of ‘post-it-notes’ which can be stuck on your Windows desktop.
Using Sticky Notes in Windows 8.1
Here’s how you can start using a Sticky Notes on your Windows 8.1.
- First press the Windows + S key combination. This will display the search box option on your screen.
- Then type the word sticky in the search box. Out of the search results select the Sticky Notes. When you select the application, a blank ‘Sticky Note’ will appear and be displayed on the desktop.
- Now you can simply start typing the text on the note. After you are done typing your note, simply click anywhere on the desktop and you will exit the Sticky Note application.
If you wish to edit anything on the Sticky Note you have just created, simply click anywhere on the note and you can make the changes as per your wish.
If you want to delete the Sticky Note entirely from the desktop, simply click anywhere on the note and then click on “X” which is located in upper right-hand corner in the note.
Customizing a Note
The Sticky Note application allows you to various customizing options with which you can resize, change background color and format text.
The color choices available in Sticky Notes are Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, White and Yellow. To change the background color either right-click or press-hold the note to bring up the color options menu. Then you can simply select the color of the note as you desire.
For formatting the text in Sticky Notes a lot of keyboard shortcuts are available:-
- Ctrl + B for Bold
- Ctrl + I for Italics
- Ctrl + U for Underline
- Ctrl + T for Strikethrough
- Ctrl +Shift + L for Bullet List
- Ctrl +Shift + > for Bigger Fonts
- Ctrl +Shift + < for Smaller Fonts
- Ctrl +Shift + A for Capitalize or Highlighted letters
- Ctrl + R for Right Align
- Ctrl + e for Center align
- Ctrl + L for left align
- Ctrl + 1 for single line space
- Ctrl + 2 for double line space
- Ctrl + 5 for 1.5 line space
Sticky Notes is a very friendly application with which in just a few steps you can take notes on your desktop. Each time you open the application, the latest written notes on your desktop are restored. Isn’t it cool to have your important notes stuck in the desktop? You can view them whenever you wish.