Stop Internet Explorer 11 from saving browsing history
As you browse over the Internet your web browser tracks every website you visit and stores that information in the ‘History’ folder. This information helps you to find and track the websites you visited the last time you surf the Internet. It includes everything from forms, passwords, and sites, however, you might not want Internet Explorer 11 from saving your web history and therefore you can delete your browsing history and disable Internet Explorer 11 from saving them again.
Here are the steps that can help you disable Internet Explorer 11 from saving your browsing history. Simply, follow the instructions and make the changes at the comfort of your home, office or home office.
The solution to the problem
The steps to stop Internet Explorer 11 from saving browsing history on a Windows 8.1 PC are:
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it.
- When the browser window opens, click on the wrench icon at the bottom, and then click ‘View on the Desktop’ option from the menu that appears
- Click the Gear icon on the top right corner of the window, and then clickÂ Internet Options”
- UnderÂ “Browsing History”, clickÂ “Settings”
- In theÂ “Website Data Settings”Â dialog box go to “History” Tab, set the number of days to keep pages in history to “0” (zero).
- Click “OK”, and then click “OK” again to close the “Internet Options” dialog box
Once you stop Internet Explorer 11 from saving browsing history in Windows 8.1 PC, you can browse Internet freely without any worry of sharing your web history with other users.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: