Windows 8.1: How to turn High Contrast on and off?
Windows 8.1 is capable of providing you a computing experience like no other operating system. However, to be able to enjoy it, you should also be able to view your PC and the displayed contents perfectly.Â If you are facing difficulties viewing texts and images on the screen of your Windows 8.1-based PC, chances are that the High Contrast feature hasn’t yet been customized as per your preference.Â Well, don’t worry; we can help you perfectly set your favorite PC as per your choice.
For the beginners, High Contrast is designed to enhance the color contrast of text and images on your Windows 8.1 based PC, making it easier to identify the texts and images. Increased contrast theme on your PC helps in making objects more distinct. You can adjust this theme on your PC by simply turning it on or off.
Here are the steps to turn High Contrast on and off on your Windows 8.1-based PC:
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen to access the Charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm, and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Click ‘Ease of Access’ from the left pane, and then click ‘High Contrast’.
- From the ‘Choose a theme’ dropdown list, select any high contrast theme, and then click ‘Apply’.
- It will turn on the High Contrast theme.
- To turn off the High Contrast theme again, select ‘None’ from the ‘Choose a theme’ dropdown, and click ‘Apply’.
Did you see how easy it was to increase the contrast of your Windows 8.1-based PC? So, did you apply these steps on your PC while you were reading the steps? If you want to try them out later, you can take a print out of the steps or better still view and bookmark the solution video provided below. To watch it now, click on the window.