How to turn on the Personalized Tracking Protection List in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC?
Looking for the simple steps using which you can easily turn on the Personalized Tracking Protection list in your Internet Explorer 11 web browser? You have arrived at just the right place as we have compiled the steps for you, shown just below. However, we would like the starters to understand the benefits of this feature first before you go ahead and turn it on. Well, just as the name suggests, the Tracking Protection feature is a handy utility offered by the web browser to users who do not wish that their online activities and sessions should be tracked. Once you turn on the feature, it will cover you up and prevent third-party websites from gathering your online history and other details.
The simple steps to the above mentioned solution are as:
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it.
- When the browser window opens, click on the Wrench icon at the bottom, and then click ‘View on the Desktop’ option from the menu that appears.
- Click the Gear icon on the top right corner of the window, and then click on ‘Manage add-ons’.
- Under ‘Add-on Types’, click ‘Tracking Protection’ to view the tracking protection list.
- Select the personalized tracking protection list, click ‘Enable’, and then click ‘Close’.
- There is one more way to turn it on. Click the Gear icon on the top right corner of the window, go to ‘Safety’, and then click on ‘Turn on Tracking Protection’.Â
By personalizing the Tracking Protection list, you can add the list to your desktop, add particular sites to the list and even turn the feature off – depending on your need and requirements. To better comprehend the above given steps, here is a short solution video that you can check out. To watch it now, click below: