Windows 8.1: How to turn on the Tracking Protection in Internet Explorer 11?
Do you want to turn on the Tracking Protection feature on your Internet Explorer 11 browser to keep your browsing information secured? No problem. Read through the below content to find the solution steps to fix the issue now.
As you browse through the various websites, you will notice that many websites also fetch third-party content and display it on their site for you to view. Such content is used as a mode to collect the information about the pages that you have visited on your Internet Explorer 11 browser. However, if you have turned on the Tracking Protection feature in your Internet Explorer 11, contents from such third-party websites will be blocked. The blocked content will appear in your Tracking Protection List.
Here are the solution steps to turn on the Tracking Protection feature:
- On the Start screen, click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ tile to open it.
- Click on the ‘Wrench’ icon at the bottom menu, and then click ‘View on the desktop’ on the menu.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon at the top right corner of the window and go to ‘Safety’.
- Click ‘Turn on Tracking Protection’ to turn it on.
- To verify that all the tracking protections are turned on, click on the ‘Gear’ icon again, and then click ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- In the ‘Manage Add-ons’ dialog box, click ‘Tracking Protection’ in the ‘Add-on Types’ list.
- Click the Tracking Protection list which is not enabled, and then click the ‘Enable’ button.
- Now click ‘Close’ to close the ‘Manage Add-ons’ window.
So, finally you managed to turn on your Tracking Protection in Internet Explorer11 on your Windows 8.1 PC? To comprehend the above mentioned steps in a better manner, you can take a quick look at our solution video which is posted below.