Turn SmartScreen Filter OFF and ON in Few Simple Steps
Are you looking for the steps to turn SmartScreen Filter off or on in your Internet Explorer 11? Well, look no further than here! You can turn SmartScreen Filter on or off depending upon your requirement. But, before you do that it is important to know that SmartScreen Filter is a feature in Windows 8.1 that helps you detect phishing websites and protect you from installing malicious content on your PC.
You can turn this feature on or off depending on your need. So, just in case, you are wondering how to turn SmartScreen Filter on or off, here are the steps that can help you change the settings right away.Â
The solution to the problem
The steps to turn SmartScreen Filter off and on in Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 8.1 PC are:
- On the Start screen, click on the Internet Explorer tile to open it
- When the browser opens, click on the wrench icon at the bottom, and then click View on the Desktop option from the menu that appearsÂ Â
To turn on the SmartScreen FilterÂ
- Click on the “Gear” icon on the top right corner of the browser window
- Go to “Safety”, and then click “Turn on SmartScreen Filter”
- MakeÂ sure that the radio button next to “Turn on SmartScreen Filter” is selected and then click “OK”Â
To turn off the SmartScreen FilterÂ
- ClickÂ on the “Gear” icon again, go to “Safety” and then click “Turn Off Â Â Â Â SmartScreen Filter”
- MakeÂ sure that the radio button next to “Turn off SmartScreen Filter” isÂ selected and then click “OK”
So, the next time you want to secure you PC from any kind of phishing attack, consider turning on SmartScreen Filter. To know how it is done, you can follow our solution steps mentioned above.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: