Personalize location in Windows 8 Weather App
The Weather app on Windows 8 OS platform is an excellent app to get latest forecast on any location you want. In addition to beautifying the Windows 8 backdrop with the current weather conditions outside, it also provides weekly forecast and details on temperature. You can make basic changes such s changing from Fahrenheit to Celsius and vise versa, refresh the data and set new location on this Weather app. you can view and set your preferred location to check out weather updates across the world. The Weather app will display weather updates for each city from a different live tile to show the location of the city and striking weather imagery and latest weather updates. You can use three options in the Weather app on Windows 8 including options to set a location.
Are you looking for simple tips to personalize the Windows 8 Weather app by setting your favorite location on it? In case you do, then keep this easy to follow DIY guide handy and follow these steps shown below.
- Open the ‘Weather App’ and then click ‘Allow’ to let the app use your location.
- It will access and display your current location
- Right click on it and select ‘World Weather’ from the top menu bar to change the location
- Select the location you want to change it to and it will display the new location
- To make it your default location, right click on it and click ‘Set as Default’ from the bottom menu bar
- Close the Weather app and it will show the new location information on the Weather app tile.
By following these steps carefully, you can set a location in the Weather app on a Windows 8-based computer. If you are facing challenges then, check out this video which illustrates all these steps shown above to help you perform these steps even more easily.