Simple yet Effective Steps to Disable Windows 8 Driver Signature
Installation of old hardware in Microsoft Windows 8 can be a hard-hitting process. Windows 8 is in-built with Driver Signature feature which is a mark in the form of a digital signature indicating the authentic publisher of the software. So, if the driver you are installing is not signed, you will certainly get an error message from Windows 8 stopping you from installing an unauthentic driver.
It might sound like a bulletproof idea against bad and old drivers, but at the same time, it will stop you from installing any hardware such as WiFi hub drivers, old printer drivers etc. in your Windows 8. To eliminate this issue from your way, Windows 8 driver Signature feature is needed to be disabled.
Given below are some simple steps that will guide you how to disable the Driver Signature feature in Windows 8:
- At first, drag the mouse to the lower-left corner of your screen and then Click on Settings
- Next, in the drop down list of settings, Select Change PC Settings option
- Then, choose General option
- Next, scroll down to the bottom of your Windows screen and select the Restart Now option provided under the advanced startup area
- Now, Select the option Troubleshoot
- Then, Select Advanced option
- Go to Startup option and, Click on Restart
Once you are through with the disabling process of Driver Signature feature in Windows, you inevitably become enable to install any old hardware without digital signature in your Windows 8.