Everything you wanted to know about Windows 8 x64 bit version
What is a Windows 8 x64 bit PC?
If you are planning to purchase a Windows 8 PC, you may have to consider whether you will go in for the 32 bit or the 64 bit edition. No matter which version you opt for, Windows 8 (Standard) or Windows 8 (Pro), you will have to pick your choice. As a 64-bit PC will let you handle large data files more efficiently, you can use your work profile and history of data maintenance to determine which of the two options (32 or 64) will suit you better.
Furthermore, if you want to upgrade your current PC to Windows 8 64 bit, you will have to check that your PC meets certain system requirements. One of this is whether or not your current PC can run a 64-bit OS edition. A 32 bit edition will likely have drivers and files that are compatible with it and most definitely will not be equipped to run a 64 bit edition. So, if you want to upgrade from a 32 bit version to a Windows 8 64 bit version, you will have to follow a number of technical checks to be able to successfully do it. Don’t worry if this is sounding complicated. You have iYogi tech experts to help you do it in no time. Simply dial our toll free number and get the well-skilled technicians to perform the upgrade for you.
However, before you upgrade you might also like to know the other interesting facets associated with Windows 8 64 bit version.
How is a Windows 8 x64 advantageous?
The saying – the more the merrier – certainly holds true here. A Windows PC that is set on 32 bit will have limited features to offer you, whereas one that is 64 bit will provide you double the benefits and more to explore. A few of the common benefits you can expect with a Windows 8 x64 bit include:
- Over 4GB of working memory; more space to record and process your data
- Compatibility feature attuned to all the latest hardware so you don’t have to worry about seeking help from third-parties to be able to run or use them with your new PC
- Better data handling capacity with its 2 GB RAM
- Better app managing feature that allows you to conveniently work on multiple programs at the same time
If you have already purchased a Windows 8 PC and are unsure whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit, here is handy information for you:
How to find whether your PC is Windows 8 x64bit or Windows 8 x32 bit?
It is a simple process of not more than a few steps that will tell you whether the Windows 8 installed on your PC is a 32 or a 64 bit. To do it:
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’
- Click on ‘System and Security’
- Click on ‘System’ and then go to ‘View basic information about your computer’
- Scroll to the ‘System Area’
- The ‘System Type’ will have the Windows 8 64 bit or 32 bit mentioned on it
If you have a Windows 8 64 bit version, you can enjoy the maximum benefits ÂÂ-– computing, Internet surfing, online gaming and so on. However, if you are worried that yours is a 32 bit PC and you wouldn’t be able to explore it much, do not worry. You have options to upgrade it to 64 bit. To get it done, call iYogi Certified Technicians and get the upgrade done in front of you, in a jiffy.