How to Check Windows 8 System Properties and Version on a PCBy Bidisha ,Friday, August 31st, 2012
Windows 8 has a new Start screen and accessing System Properties in this operating system is a bit different as compared to the earlier versions. Through the Charms menu in Windows 8 Consumer Preview, you can view information about your computer.
You can also configure the PC’s settings, search for apps, files, and do lots more with the Charms menu. The functionality of the Charms menu is somewhat similar to the Start menu in previous Windows versions. Just hover the mouse pointer over the top right corner of the screen to display the Charms menu.
By following the steps given below, you can check the Windows 8 version that’s installed and view the System Properties.
- If you are on the start screen in Windows 8, go to the desktop.
- From the desktop, move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen.
- The Charms menu will be displayed.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm.
- Click on the ‘PC Info’ option under ‘Desktop’.
- The System Properties window will be displayed where you can check the Windows version and other information about your computer.
For a better clarification, you can also watch the demonstrative video mentioned below.