Parallels Desktop 8: Run Windows 8 on Mac without rebooting
Parallels Holdings Ltd. has launched the latest version of its Mac virtualization software called Parallels Desktop 8.0.18100. The software allows Mac users to run several operating systems on their Mac in a virtual environment. This means that you can now run both Windows and Linux operating systems on your Mac using Parallels Desktop 8. What’s exciting about version 8 is the support for both Mountain Lion and Windows 8.
Let’s look at some of the updates in Parallels Desktop 8:
- Option to switch your web page from Safari to Internet Explorer with a single click
- Retina display support ensures that you run Windows in a high resolution environment
- Full support for Windows applications
- Access Mountain Lion Dictation feature in Windows apps
- Drag and Drop an attachment while composing a new mail in Microsoft Outlook
- Notification Center now supports Windows desktop alerts
- Improved 3D graphics with an option to assign up to 1 GB RAM to a virtual machine
Apart from the above features, Parallels Desktop 8 provides multi-language keyboard sync, shared Bluetooth and Trash, and better OS X Guest support. It also promises faster boot and pause/resume times for virtual machines, longer battery life, and enhanced snapshots.
You can download the free trial version of Parallels Desktop 8.0.18100 on Mac running OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or later with a Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB RAM and up to 15 GB free hard drive space in addition to the program’s own 700 MB requirements.
The cost of full version is $79.99. The upgrade cost for users with Parallels 6/7 is $49.99.
Image Source: The Verge