Creating a recovery disk in Windows 8
A recovery disk is a must-have for any operating system. In case something goes wrong with your operating system, you need a recovery disk to repair or fix it. Even before you install any applications or software on your computer, you need to create a recovery disk. That's the first thing you should do when you buy an operating system.
A recovery disk not only fixes your operating system but it also helps you to get your data back. Your data might get corrupted or lost with time and a recovery disk will help you in recovering your data too. It is a great tool to fix many issues in an operating system and you must need to know how to create it. Do you know how to create a recovery disk? Don’t worry - we’re here to help you. Here’s how you can create e recovery disk for yourself in a few simple steps:
- Go to Start Screen on Windows 8 and press ‘Windows key’ + ‘Q’
- This will open the search screen where you need to search for ‘Windows 8 File recovery’
- Once the Windows 8 File recovery window opens, you would see the option ‘Create a system repair disk’ option, select that option.
- Once you click on that option, a dialogue box would open on the screen where you can create ‘System Repair Disc’
- Once the dialogue box opens, you need to insert a blank drive in that dialogue box.
- Once you insert the blank disk, you need to select the option ‘Create disc’ which will start the process.
Once the recovery disk gets created, you can safeguard it so that you can use it when you face any trouble with your operating system. Next time you face any trouble with your Windows 8 you don’t have to worry about your data because you can recover your data with the Windows 8 Recovery disk!