How to fix “Error 0xc0000001” in Windows 8
Error code “0xc0000001” occurs in Windows 8-based PCs due to serious issues that may have been left unattended; it can cause the operating system to restart unexpectedly. This error may happen due to driver issues and critical errors with software and/ or hardware. When this error code appears on a blue screen in Windows 8, it may be a possibility that there is some issue with the booting device. It may mean that some boot files may be corrupted or there may be some error in the boot sector of the hard drive.
There are also chances that the blue screen error or “Error 0xc0000001”on Windows 8 has occurred without any specific issue with the OS.
You can resolve the issue by following the steps below:
- First unplug all external devices, except for the keyboard and the mouse, and restart your Windows 8 PC.
- Now, try “Startup Repair” using Windows 8 installation media from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). To do it:
- Insert the Windows 8 installation DVD or USB and restart your computer.
- Choose the boot device priority to boot from the inserted DVD or USB. Normally, it is “F12” to choose the boot device. However, it depends on the OEM.
- This will start the Windows setup. Choose “Next” and then “Repair your computer”.
- A blue screen will come up with an option to troubleshoot. Click on it and then choose “Advanced Options”.
- Choose “StartupRepair” from Advanced Boot option and follow the on-screen instructions to repair.
- If the automatic repair fails, try using the command line method to repair:
- Boot your computer using the same Windows installation media. When the black screen appears with gray text ‘Press any key to boot from CD or DVD’, press any key.
- You will now be flashed an option to select the correct time and keyboard type. Feed the information as asked.
- Click on the ‘Repair your computer’ in the lower left corner and select ‘Troubleshoot’ from ‘Choose an option’ screen.
- Click on ‘Advanced options’ in ‘Troubleshoot’ screen.
- Click on Command Prompt. Type the following commands:
- Type ‘Bootrec /fixmbr’ without quotes and press enter.
- Type ‘Bootrec /fixboot’ without quotes and press enter.
- Type ‘Bootrec /scanos’ without quotes and press enter.
- Type ‘Bootrec /rebuildbcd’ without quotes and press enter.
Restart your computer and check the issue. These processes should resolve the 0xc0000001 error and your Windows 8 should now be able to boot normally.
However, if you are not able resolve it, or you have any other issue related to Windows 8, you can call iYogi technicians any time for instant help. The team of experts can help you resolve the error remotely via the Internet or through phone support.