How to Fix: USB Device Not Recognized Issue in Windows 8
One of the common errors that appear while using USB devices is the failure of its detection. If your Windows 8 PC is unable to recognize your USB device then it might be due to the conflicts of the other USB devices, outdated USB drivers that have been connected to your PC.
Here are some quick solutions that will help you resolve ‘USB Device Not Recognized’ issue
To resolve conflicts between the USB device -
- Remove all other USB devices that are connected with your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Now, reconnect the USB that you want to use.
Note of advice: After restarting your PC do not connect other USB devices to your PC, except for the one you wish to use.
To resolve outdated or incorrect USB drivers issue –
- Turn on your Windows 8 PC and login with ‘administrator account’.
- Check if you have an active Internet connection on your PC.
- Go to ‘Start Menu’ and click on the ‘Desktop’ icon and go to the desktop window.
- Now, take the mouse cursor to the bottom right of desktop screen window.
- A number of options will be displayed, click on ‘Setting’.
- In the ‘Setting’ window click on ‘Control Panel’.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window, click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ options.
- Under the ‘Devices and Printers’ category click on the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Now, spread out the ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’ category.
- Hover mouse to the USB controller, which you want to update and right-click on it.
- Now, from the pop-up menu click on ‘Update Driver Software’ for updating the selected USB manager.
- Now, click on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option. This will make Windows look for the updated drivers automatically.
While the USB drivers are getting updated, make sure not to interrupt the process. As soon as the drivers are updated ‘Close’ all the windows. Now, connect your USB device and enjoy!