How to access Advanced Recovery Tools in Windows 8?
Windows 8 comes with this troubleshooting and recovery tool called Advanced Startup Options (ASO). This advanced recovery tool includes a centralized menu of options which help users in repair, recovery, and troubleshooting issues in Windows 8. However, many refer this Advanced Startup Options as the Boot Options menu. Do you need help in how to access and use this Advanced Startup Options tool in Windows 8?
Microsoft has replaced the System Recovery Options in earlier Windows 7 and Windows Vista with Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8. Advanced Startup Options are also known as Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). This built-in recovery tools will help you troubleshoot and resolve operating system issues with Windows 8. But, if you are new to Windows 8 platform, then you may find it difficult to even find or access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8.
If you are new to Windows 8, then you could be struggling to access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8. Here is a quick guide to help you access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8.
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen and it will display the ‘Charms’ menu
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’
- Click ‘General’ in the left pane and then under ‘Advanced Startup’ option, click on the ‘Restart Now’ button
- In the ‘Choose an Option’ window, click ‘Troubleshoot’ and then click ‘Advanced Options’
- It will display the advanced recovery options
By following these steps properly, you can access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 successfully. If you are facing challenges then, check out this video which illustrates all these steps shown above to help you perform these steps even more easily.